Pages

Friday 20 January 2012

Style Spotlight - Lea Michele


This week the Style Spotlight falls on Lea Michele. Yes, I'm a Gleek, love the show. I dare you to watch an episode and not smile by then end of it. So hilarious and heartwarming. So is its main star, Lea Michele. Now she is known for taking risks on the red carpet and not being afraid to don a de la Renta with the best of them, and to go all out with colour. Which is why I love to see how her street style compares to her red carpet looks. She notably keeps it easy and breezy day-to-day, with cute shorts and jeans paired with blouses and statement bags. But her red carpets looks are kind of dying to be blogged about so I did. Enjoy! x



A pair of cute tailored shorts look sweet paired with a feminine blouse.

Sweet and simple - the printed skirt looks young and fun with a no-fuss white t-shirt.

Now I know UGGs are a touchy subject in the world of fashion, and whilst I'll admit they are not the most aesthetically pleasing shoe in the world, they are so comfortable (and yes I do own a pair). So I think Lea's outift is cute and casual, dressed up with a touch of Vuitton.

This is an adorable Jason Wu on Lea. Loving the kind of forties wave and red lip. It's a nostalgic look with a sense of modernity courtesy of the pointy heels and the American-sportswear feel of the black t-shirt top. The green clutch adds a joyful pop of colour to the  monochromatic look.

I love this bohemian red carpet look. The colours in the print are gorgeous on her.

This bright Michael Kors dress is such a brilliant colour and looks stunning. I love the simple strappy sandals, with a hint of silver to keep the look glam.


This look is from the 2010 Grammy Awards where lea wore Romona Keveza. This dress still has drama with the feathery tiers of fabric and the asymmetrical sleeve, but is youthful because of its length. The lovely stacked bangles give it extra-added oomph. Result = totally gorg.



No comments:

Post a Comment