Pages

Wednesday 18 January 2012

Golden Globes 2012


Okay people, here we go with my best-dressed from the Golden Globes. I just adore awards season, and I'm so excited to blog about these amazing women, wearing these truly amazing gowns.
Who else could I begin with but Angelina Jolie? She looks breathtaking in this Atelier Versace stunner. Its is so modern and graphic with the swathe of red shooting across her collar bone, but she adds this soft femininity to it. Cray Cray, and so beautiful!
 Nicole Kidman looks gorgeous in Versace. This dress is all about the embellishment and showcasing that amazing physique.
 I cannot tell you guys how much I love Salma Hayek. I mean, how gorg is she? In Gucci she looked so sultry and glam. I must say, I loved that she had her hair down. She pulls it off as she has so much volume going on with those easy curls, and I love the hair colour. Coupled with the gold shimmer detail of the dress, she just glows.
 Charlize Theron, total red carpet crush. In Christian Dior Haute Couture she looks amazing, and I think she is a star who is never afraid to add that touch of high fashion on such a stage where the 'not-so-easy-to-please' global public will be watching. The gorgeous gathered layers cascading down the front of her gown are so dramatic, so Dior, and so Charlize. The Cartier headpiece is rather 1920's, adding that extra layer of exuberence to an already stellar look.
 Kate beckinsale is pure Hollywood glam in Roberto Cavalli. I love this colour on her, and the jewellery is so decadent. The gown has such a lightness to it and she looks ethereal.
 When I watched the actual awards show and saw Claire Danes go up to collect her Golden Globe in this J.Mendel number, I was freaking out. She looks so elegant in a simple and unfussy manner. The red lip really stands out, and the gown is anything but boring - if you take one look at all the drama going on in the back. Dreamy and sophisticated.
 Not only is Sophia Vergara hilarious, she is stunning as well. I adore her figure and in this fishtail Vera Wang gown it really is exhibited to its finest. This colour is so rich and the texture of the lower half of the dress so beautiful. It fits her perfectly. She looks a brunette Colombian Ariel. Honey, this is how all mermaids should look, lol!
 Love this feminine blush pink Gucci on Jessica Alba. The beading is what really makes the gown for me, its so intricate.
Last but not least Ms Lea Michele who, as always, is not afraid to really wow in front of those flashbulbs. She is in Marchesa and doesn't she look so amazing? There is a glamour in wearing this kind of metallic silver, and with the wavy updo and peek-a-boo deatil, she is daring, chic and everything that a young actress at the Globes should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment