Pages

Wednesday 14 December 2011

Elie Saab




Today's post is really giving some looks from Mr Saab's stellar couture collection from his Fall 2011 show. It was his work that really made me see what haute couture really is, when I first discovered him when I was 14 years old. I was totally introduced to the beauty and breathtaking workmanship of this craft, and fell in love with the couture of Chanel, Dior, Valentino and Zuhair Murad - as I'm sure men and women all over the globe have.

Waiting for Style.com to report on all the shows and watch the video footage is always a highlight for me. I literally gasp when I see the close-up shots of the clothes, and the shoes - all which form a part of that designer's vision, their inspiration, and their dream of what fashion should be. I know the couture realm it always questioned for its lack of pragmatism, but I believe this is an aspect of the industry that ought never die, as even if its from seeing a picture of the dress, and not from actually sashaying down the red carpet in one, one feels scooped up into that moment of creative force felt by the designer in the expression of their art.

No comments:

Post a Comment